OUR LADY OF THE CEDARS OF LEBANON
MERIT COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Sponsored in part by the Joseph & Alice Resha Memorial Fund
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Welcome to the process of applying for Our Lady of the Cedars of Lebanon Merit College Scholarship sponsored in part by “The Joseph & Alice Resha Memorial Fund.” We have attempted to make it as painless as possible while still maintaining the value and integrity of the procedure. Make sure that you understand the materials and the questions; then tell us what we should know about you. Your packet should include the following sections:
1. Our Lady of the Cedars of Lebanon Merit College Scholarship, sponsored in part by the Joseph & Alice Resha Memorial Fund.
2. Our Lady of the Cedars of Lebanon Merit College Scholarship Selection Committee.
3. Application for Our Lady of the Cedars of Lebanon Merit College Scholarship along with the cover page and the five-question sheet.
The scholarship information is available in hard copy at the Church Vestibule, in the Parish office and online. Please visit www.ourladyofthecedars.org for the application.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
1. As soon as possible, contact the appropriate people to obtain your transcript(s), SAT and/or ACT test score(s), and letters of recommendation. These contacts should be made early to allow sufficient response time.
2. Prepare your responses to the five questions asked on the application form. Submit your answers on a separate page along with the application cover page. Answers to all five questions on the questionnaire sheet must be typewritten. Handwritten application will be disqualified.
3. Compile all your materials and submit them electronically.
4. The deadline for the application material will be April 15, 2016. In fairness to all applicants, no applications will be accepted after April 15, 2016.
NOTE. The number of scholarships may vary from year to year. The amount of the scholarship is $1,000.00 for each student. In case of applicants with equal, or nearly equal, evaluations, the award committee will have the prerogative of dividing the award(s) equally among those applicants. This may result in awards to more than one student per $1,000.00. For each recipient, this is a one-time non-renewable award. The parish committee may award only a specific number of scholarships in a given year, depending on the qualifications of the applicants. However, this year the sum of $5,000.00 will be made available to fund scholarships to graduating high school seniors.